Remove to Upper Five
All uniform items should be purchased from our appointed Retailer – Fletcher Sports.
*Items are supplied to Fletcher Sports from Schoolblazer.
Other items must conform to regulation styles and colours.
All items must be clearly marked with the owner’s NAME, NOT initials.
* Kilt (Ferguson Tartan) (Regulation length – not more than 2” above the knee) we recommend that you start the year with a longer skirt to allow for growth
* Fitted blazer
* White short, 3/4 or long sleeved open-necked blouse
* House badge
* Dark green V-necked jumper
* Dark green thick tights or white ankle socks (sport shoe socks are not acceptable)
* Black, low-heeled shoes, suitable for the working day. (Black trainers, logos on trainers and rubber capped, trainer or skater like shoes are not acceptable)
* Blue or black coat
* Dark coloured gloves if required
* Navy blue scarf
Sports Kit List
Compulsory items from Fletchers Sport Shop
* Tracksuit top, green with navy panels (Squadkit Stormtex)
* Polo shirt, green and navy (Squadkit Performatex)
* Skort, green and navy (Squadkit Hydrocool)
* Games socks, green with navy hoops, mid-calf (Squadkit Performance)
* Swim cap, green with The Ladies' College logo
* Navy blue Maru Pacer swimsuit (girls will be required to have a swimsuit for September)
* House t-shirt
N.B. House colours
Brock (Red) Carey (White) De Sausmarez (Blue) Durand (Green)
Compulsory items from Fletchers Sports or other outlets
* White ankle socks (trainer socks not allowed)
* Gum shield
* Shin pads
* Astro boots
* Hockey stick
* Tennis racket
* Swimming goggles
* Leotard (not spagetti straps) Compulsory for Remove and Lower Four. Optional for Upper Four onwards. Girls can wear black skorts over their leotard.
Other optional items available from Fletchers Sports
* Athletic shorts, navy and green (required by Athletics Team)
* Midlayer, green (Squadkit Performance)
* Baselayer Top, navy (Squadkit Climaskin)
* Training Pants, navy with green panels (Squadkit Performatex)
* New for September 2019 - 3/4 length leggings with The Ladies' College logo printed on the hip (Squadkit Performance) If girls wish to wear leggings for PE lessons, they must purchase these - no other make/brand are acceptable.
* Padded hockey glove
* Football - girls must wear long socks and shin pads, Astros or boots (no metal studs), may wear gloves if cold.
Note for Upper Five (year 11)
Sports Hall option for PE
The Ladies' College PE Kit should be worn. Those selecting gym or spinning classes can wear appropriate gym kit. All Upper Five and Sixth Formers who participate in College Sports, Clubs and Teams are encouraged to have either the waterproof jacket or midlayer and the tshirt and skort as outlined above.
* Long-sleeved green overall – first name to be embroidered on front. (This is to be work for practical lessons in Science)
* PE kit bag. Any style or colour is permitted.
* Suitable bag for school books. Any style or colour is permitted.
* Calculator - we recommended Casio FX-83GTX-S. Available to purchase at College for £9.00. We prefer the girls to all have the same calculator in their first year.
* Padlock for school locker - combination lock recommended.
In addition to the Uniform List, the following regulations apply:
Remove to Upper Five
● Full regulation uniform only should be worn in College. It should be worn when travelling to and from College.
● All clothes, shoes and other possessions must be clearly named.
● Navy or black outdoor jackets (with reflective stripes worn in winter months)
● Students must wear their blazers while in College. Blazers may be taken off during lessons with permission from the teacher concerned.
● Skirts must not be shorter than two inches above the knee.
● Shoes should be black and practical for the working day.
● For health and safety reasons the wearing of jewellery is not permitted. If ears have been pierced only the simple, small gold or silver ring or stud type of sleeper (one per ear lobe) is permitted. Cartilage earrings and facial piercings are not permitted. Necklaces with religious signficance and SOS identity bracelets/discs properly inscribed with the student’s name may be worn.
● If make-up is overt, girls will be asked to remove it.
● No nail varnish is permitted in Remove to Upper Five.
● Long hair (defined as hair that touches the shoulder) must be fully tied back neatly and unconventional hairstyles will not be accepted.
● Hair should not be obviously dyed.
● Tattoos (including henna) are not permitted.
● A choice of plain white ankle socks or green tights throughout the year with the exception of formal Ladies' College events, when tights should be worn October to February half term and white ankle socks from February half term to October half term.
● Allowances for uniform will be made in the event of snow.
We would recommend that if your daughter is considering having her ears pierced at the end of Year 6, that you undertake to get this done right at the beginning of the summer holidays. They will be required to remove earrings for PE and swimming lessons. If earrings cannot be removed during the first part of the term, girls should bring with them a small roll of micropore tape to cover the earrings.
Please note Students who travel to College on a motorcycle may continue to wear trousers for the journey and a bright or light-coloured waterproof jacket (so that they are protected and are clearly visible to other motorists.) They should change into their uniform on arrival.
Bring your own device (BYOD) - Remove to Upper Five
The introduction of a required, managed device for all students of either a Microsoft Go or Surface Pro with keyboard starting with our new Remove (Year 7) in September 2019 and a rolling program for all students by September 2021.
Mufti Days for Charity - applicable to whole school
Students are invited to wear their own clothes to school. Occasionally there is a theme. The following are not permitted - strappy/low cut tops, bare midriffs, ripped jeans or leggings, short shorts and flip flops.