Remove to Upper Five (Year 7 to Year 11)
All uniform items should be purchased from our appointed Retailer – Fletcher Sports.
*Items are supplied to Fletcher Sports from Schoolblazer.
Other items must conform to regulation styles and colours.
All items must be clearly marked with the owner's NAME, NOT initials.
- *Kilt (Ferguson Tartan) – No more than 2 inches above the knee
we recommend that you start the year with a longer skirt to allow for growth.
- *Navy Blue Trousers (Trutex) purchased from Fletcher Sports (Optional)
- No other trouser style is permitted.
- Fitted Blazer
- White short, 3/4 or long sleeved open-necked blouse
- House Badge (Fletcher Sports)
- School Badge (all new students are given a School badge – replacements are £5.00)
- Dark green V-Neck jumper
- Dark green thick tights or white ankle socks (sport shoe socks are not acceptable)
- Black, low-heeled shoes, suitable for the working day.
- Winter Coat
- Dark coloured gloves if required
- Navy Blue Scarf
Sports Kit List
Compulsory items from Fletchers Sport Shop
- *Waterproof Tracksuit Top, green with navy panels (Squadkit Stormtex)
- *Round neck green t-shirt (Squadkit Performatex)
- *Skort, green and navy (Squadkit Hydro cool) – must wear for matches
- *Games Socks, green with navy hoops, mid-calf (Squadkit Performance)
- *Swim Cap, green with The Ladies' College logo
- Navy Blue Maru Pacer Swimsuit (students will be required to have a swimsuit for September)
- House T-Shirt N.B. House Colours:
Brock (Red), Carey (White), de Sausmarez (Blue), Durand (Green)
Compulsory items from Fletchers Sport Shop or other outlets
- White ankle socks (not trainer socks)
- Gum shield
- Shin pads
- Astro boots
- Hockey stick
- Tennis racket
- Swimming goggles
- Leotard (not spaghetti straps) Compulsory for Remove and Lower Four, Optional for Upper Four onwards. Students can wear black shorts over leotard.
Other optional items available from Fletchers Sport Shop
- *Midlayer, green (Squadkit Performance)
- *Baselayer Top, navy (Squadkit Climaskin)
- *Training Pants, navy with green panels (Squadkit Performatex)
- Leggings with LCG logo (Squadkit Performance)Note: If students wish to wear leggings for P.E. lessons, they must purchase these – no other make/brand are acceptable.
- Padded hockey glove
- Football – students must wear long socks and shin pads, Astro’s or boots
- Double layer Squadkit shorts (for training – can be worn in place of a skort)
NOTE: UPPER FIVE (YEAR 11)
Sports Hall Option for P.E. The Ladies' College P.E. Kit should be worn.
- Long-sleeved green overall – first name to be embroidered on front. This is to be worn for practical lessons in science.
- P.E. Kit bag, and a suitable bag for schoolbooks. Any style/colour is permissible.
- Calculator: Recommended Casio FX-83GTX-S. Available to purchase at College for £10.50. We prefer students to all have the same calculator in their first year.
- Padlock for School locker – combination lock recommended.
In addition to the Uniform List, the following regulations apply:
Remove to Upper Five
- Full regulation uniform only should be worn in College. It should be worn when travelling to and from College.
- All clothes, shoes and other possessions must be clearly named.
- Navy or black outdoor jackets (with reflective stripes worn in winter months)
- Students must wear their blazers while in College. Blazers may be taken off during lessons with permission from the teacher concerned.
- Skirts must not be shorter than two inches above the knee.
- Shoes should be black and practical for the working day.
- For health and safety reasons the wearing of jewellery is not permitted. If ears have been pierced only the simple, small gold or silver ring or stud type of sleeper (one per ear lobe) is permitted. Cartilage earrings and facial piercings are not permitted. Necklaces with religious signficance and SOS identity bracelets/discs properly inscribed with the student’s name may be worn.
- If make-up is overt, girls will be asked to remove it.
- No nail varnish is permitted in Remove to Upper Five.
- Long hair (defined as hair that touches the shoulder) must be fully tied back neatly and unconventional hairstyles will not be accepted.
- Hair should not be obviously dyed.
- Tattoos (including henna) are not permitted.
- A choice of plain white ankle socks or green tights throughout the year with the exception of formal Ladies' College events, when tights should be worn October to February half term and white ankle socks from February half term to October half term.
Allowances for uniform will be made in the event of snow.
We would recommend that if your daughter is considering having her ears pierced at the end of Year 6, that you undertake to get this done right at the beginning of the summer holidays. They will be required to remove earrings for PE and swimming lessons. If earrings cannot be removed during the first part of the term, girls should bring with them a small roll of micropore tape to cover the earrings.
Please note Students who travel to College on a motorcycle may continue to wear trousers for the journey and a bright or light-coloured waterproof jacket (so that they are protected and are clearly visible to other motorists.) They should change into their uniform on arrival.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) - Remove – Upper Five
The introduction of a required, managed device for all students of either a Microsoft Go or Surface Pro with keyboard starting with our new Remove (Year 7) in September of this year and a rolling program for all students by September 2021.
Mufti Days for Charity - applicable to whole school
Students are invited to wear their own clothes to school. Occasionally there is a theme. The following are not permitted - strappy/low cut tops, bare midriffs, ripped jeans or leggings, short shorts and flip flops.
Pre-Preparatory Uniform / Melrose Uniform / Sixth Form Uniform
Back to Senior School